Centre Of Health
- Treatments are individually tailored to your needs, and draw from range of modalities including acupuncture, physiotherapy, herbal medicine & cupping.
- We work to ease your pain and symptoms without drugs. Treatment is focused on treating the cause and not just the symptoms.
- Because we know it can be difficult to come in when you’re working, Centre Of Health has after-hours appointments and is open on Saturdays. These appointments tend to book out quickly, so it is best to book ahead to avoid disappointment.
- The practitioners at Centre Of Health are dedicated and genuinely care about their patients. The practitioners often work together to get the best possible result for you. Our extended initial and return appointments allow us have the time needed to thoroughly assess you and give you the treatment you deserve.
- The clinic has a really peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. Patients often say that they feel better even just sitting in the waiting room! Treatments are held in private consultation rooms with comfortable seating and treatment tables to ensure you are well looked after.
- Convenience of on-site parking, so you don’t need to stress about where to leave your car when you come in for your appointment.
- We have full EFTPOS and HICAPS at the clinic, meaning you can claim your health insurance rebate on the spot.
Benefits of Chinese Medicine
TCM is holistic.
Your Chinese Medicine practitioner will view your body as a whole, rather than just focusing on one symptom. By also treating the root of the problem, a better longer lasting result in achieved. For example, treating the inside to help acne, instead of just giving a topical cream.
TCM is a safe and natural alternative.
With thousands of years of accumulated clinical experience, Chinese Medicine is safe and natural, and produces few, if any, side effects. All products are safe and natural.
Treatment is personalised and targeted.
In Western Medicine, patients suffering from the same disease will almost always receive the same treatment. However, in Chinese Medicine, we treat the person and not the disease, as identical diseases may have vastly different causes.
In-depth examination of your health.
Your treatment will always include a thorough and careful examination of your health. This includes in-depth enquiry into your diet, emotions and physical wellbeing. We will observe your outward appearance, and also examine your tongue and pulse to help us gain an understanding of your state of health.
Prevention is better than cure.
Chinese Medicine works with the root of the cause and works on improving the body as a whole allowing you to not only overcome disease, but to take proactive steps towards the promotion and maintenance of your own health.
Physiotherapy is a clinical health science and profession that aims to rehabilitate and improve people with movement disorders by using evidence-based, natural methods such as exercise, motivation, adapted equipment, education and advocacy.
In TCM, the flow of energy (Qi) through channels in our body enables normal function. Blockages in these channels (or meridians) results in disease. Acupuncture involves the insertion of fine, sterile needles into specific points along the meridians. Stimulating these points encourages the normal flow of energy through the body and helps to restore health. Acupuncture is one of the oldest and most commonly used medical procedures in the world.
Chinese herbal medicine involves the use of specific combinations of herbs. Firstly, we conduct a detailed investigation into both your symptoms and your overall state of health, including pulse and tongue diagnosis. Then, a tailored herbal formula is created especially to target your particular body imbalance.
Cupping works by stimulating blood and qi flow and dispersing stagnation. It can stimulate localised healing and draw toxins out of the body and muscle. During the treatment, glass cups are applied to the skin using suction. A vacuum is formed, which pulls the skin and superficial muscle into the cup.